Saturday, April 14, 2012

How City Pride kothrud is related with Mechanical Engineering

# # # # # 


In front of the shop I was standing. It was closed. I watched the time. It was still 9:30am. My assumption for time was again a failure. I thought city pride kothrud is at a distance of an hour by PMT, but it turned out to be just 20minutes. Crossword. The shop for multitudes of books. I thought it will be nice to make time pass there reading books for 45 minute till scheduled “industril visit” commences at 10:15am.

But my bad. There was a board –“shop will open at 11:00am”. I really did not have slightest of the idea how was I supposed to pass 45minutes.

There I was, out in the sun, waiting for my other classmates to come. Allshops in city pride kothrud were closed.

# # # # #



Well it was a nice visit to very own(for obvious reasons) CPK(abbrv. for City Pride Kothrud). Visit was schedule by college itself to watch air-conditionning system there instead of the movie.


An engineer’s job! To sit at back and rule everything. To manage and make sure if all the occupants are getting enough cold, well-conditioned air to inhale!!!


# # # # #


Under the basement, there was compressor unit which cooled the circulating water in the system.


Capacity-125 HP. Energy equivalent to that of 125 horses collectively!!! Hot water coming from upstairs was absorbing the heat in the system and was being pumped to the roof in the cooling tower to expell it.


There we were, out in blazing sun, watching cooling towers. For a minute, thought came in my mind to go and to stand under those cool water showers… after that we were at AHUs. (Air Handling Units)


And last but not the least, we saw the projector room too. It was a dangy little single room containig machines fitted with focuses. Three of the five shows were being broadcasted there – online. The keeper was keen to show us how they download it from servers and how they activate the pin for it which is eight days valid and how they stream it. He answered all our whatz and howzats. (not to mention – but movies were – houseful two and titanic 3D.


Visit was fine.


# # # # #

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pushkar Kamble.

My facebook